Monday, February 2, 2015

Interlude - Reflection

 Before I continue with the House of the Elementals, a moment of reflection ...

Voice 1: Man, this is taking too long. I really need to leave.

Voice 2: Have patience. There is time and nothing to worry about.

Voice 1: But they're taking forever. I need to get back now and study. It's already past the time slot.

Voice 2: This is important.

Voice 1: My things are important! I still haven't eaten dinner, I've got another quiz at 8 am to finish studying for, and I need sleep! And not for only 6 hours or less again. I won't function without some good rest. You know that.

Voice 2: Are these truly that concerning?

Voice 1: Oh for goodness sake, they ... are ... still ... talking.

Voice 2: I ask again. Are these things truly that concerning?

Voice 1: What do you think?

Voice 2: I will go at length.

Voice 1: Oh, sure, join in.

Voice 2: You are concerned about food, sleep and studying?

Voice 1: Yes ...?

Voice 2: Do you remember something about each of these things?

Voice 1: What are you talking about?

Voice 2: You are blessed to be able to buy and have food at your leisure and share a meal with others. You are blessed to sleep within the comforts of a bed and sheets out of the cold and darkness of night. You are blessed to be able to go to a place where you can study and learn each and every day. You are even blessed to know these things and that what you have said tonight is deplorable and shamefully selfish.

Voice 1: ... I ... I know ... I knew ... That I was blessed.

Voice 2: Yet for one moment of time, not your own, did you think to believe the world should revolve about you and your doings and your desires. You did not think on another person's concerns and troubles but selfishly put yourself before them for something insignificant.

Voice 1: I ... I really am sinful, aren't I? But you ... does this mean ... it means I am blessed to have you, to know now what I have done was wrong, to recognize it to be true and that you are true as well?

Voice 2: ...

Voice 1: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have thought those things. I let it ... I let myself be consumed by my own wickedness. To those present, I am sorry. I still listened to you all and what you talked about, but at the end of it I put myself ahead of everyone and the time meant to be spent in the Word.




No comments:

Post a Comment